Re: LF: All systems running

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: All systems running
From: "Tom Gruis, Ed.D." <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:49:53 -0600
Sender: <[email protected]>
   Ahhh!  I wish I could fulfill your request and send a comparison between the
old and new antennae!

   But, of equal importance to me, is to find another radio-active person
subscribing to me theory that
all antennae work better when installed in adverse conditions!!!  In fact, it
sometimes feels that the
relationship is more than linear!

73!

Doc, K0HTF
Iowa, U.S.A.
EN31dx
___________________

Christer Andersson wrote:

Hello all,

As you may have heard my 27 m vertical crashed in the hard winds we had
recently.
I have now built a new one, 23 m high and with larger diameter of the tubes
(200-160-125-100 mm).
I have also reduced the number of top loading wires in order to make tuning
easier during hard winds.

I had to add 4 turns on the loading coil to get the system resonated.

All antenna work is done in 30 cm snow and partly in the dark...

I'm interested comparisons between this antenna and the old one.
Reports are welcomed.

73
Christer, SM6PXJ