RE: LF: Interferance

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Interferance
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 18:11:20 -0000 ()
Cc: "Janet" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
This sounds like LORAN (aka Galloping Horses) on 100 kHz. It does spread
(legally - G3JKV? has had it checked).
There are two or three tranmsitters in NW Europe, incdluing one at Lessay, on
the French channel coast.

LORAN  is a problem on 136, and on 88 (cave radio).  Members of the BCRA
Cave Radio and Electronics Group are looking actively for a solution (the
problem is someiimes known from the French description of the problem as
'Shaving the Horses Moustache').

73 de G3PAI

On 21-Nov-99 LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:
I have much trouble with a source of interferance centered on 98/99Khz.this
appears to be a digital/data sort of transmission which spreads as far as
145Khz and which results in a high background noise like frying popcorn.I
can only get rid of it by using a loop orientated 300/120 deg.but then loose
a lot of Europe!I have not seen any reports of this one but dont think it is
local to me.So can anyone help,is it Decca?  73 to all Laurie.

E-Mail: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: 21-Nov-99
Time: 16:54:18

This message was sent by XFMail