LF: Re: DCF39 ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: DCF39 ?
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:50:49 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Magne.

We're currently building and setting up a station for 136
at our radio club (LA1K in Trondheim, Norway (JP53EK)).

We are all waiting for a LA station to come on LF. You will be very popular!

A station, which I think from postings here, that have to be DCF39 is
rather strong on our preliminary antenna setup.  I wonder if anyone
knows the ERP of this station?   The signal "characteristics" was
a steady mark for about 10-12 seconds, then a burst of data.  The
data rate must have been somewhere in the range 100-300 baud.
Can anyone confirm this?  ..and is it transmitting anything
"intelligent" ? :)

I don't know about the data format but I think the erp is somewhere around
10 - 20 kW. Here it is about 25dB over S9 where the noise level is about S3
in 250Hz.

We're going to expand out receiving setup with a new loop and
a new pre-amp duing the next couple of days.  What would be a
good time of day to listen for amateur activity (we're slow CW
and PSK31-capable at least) ?  I guess we'd like to receive
someone before we build an amplifier :)

Most evenings about 1900 - 2100 and especially Saturday and Sunday mornings
from 0800 (or even earlier!). Most activity is between 136.4 and 137.2 on
CW. Slow CW is around 137.7.

I'm sure that if you give a time when you will be listening, some stations
will transmit for you. Just let us know on the reflector.

73 es Good Luck. Dave, G3YXM.