LF: RE: Tuned radial

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Tuned radial
From: "M. Sanders \(PA3BSH\)" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:09:58 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Mike and All,

I am using a 'tuned conterpoise' on HF for a long time now. The systems
electrical setup equals a tuned series circuit (in fact the same as the
vertical earial it self). The point is this circuit has a series resonating
resistance wich unfortunately on LF can not be made as low as the resistance
of the existing earth system that is parallel to it. Only at extremely high
tuning coil Q's this system will start to work. But the effords on making a
high Q coil is better put to work for the loading coil it self HI. I am
afraid Finbar's results are actually caused by the galvanic impovement on
his earth system by adding the extra wire.

Greetings and best 73's

Michael Sanders, PA3BSH
mailto:[email protected]