LF: Signal report on G3WSC at the Crawley Club

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Signal report on G3WSC at the Crawley Club
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:45:21 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
To Alan, G3NYK

Thanks for the report on the strong signals received from the Crawley Club
Station G3WSC this morning (09.00 - 09.30 UTC) during the QRS tests on 137.700Khz with Dave G0MRF who
was hopefully QRX in Gibralta at that time.

We were using the Club LF antenna which is an inverted "L" with a 60ft
vertical section and and single horizontal 300ft  wire top running up to
about 80ft above sloping ground.  Lech, G3KAU provided the TX giving 600W
from 4 power MOSFETs.  Thanks for the comment about the interaction between
the QRS keying and the normal speed CW ident. In future we hope to
interleave the two keying functions rather better!

               73   de Derek Atter,  G3GRO