LF: Re: groundwave questions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: groundwave questions
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 11:44:21 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Gamal,

My antnna modelling program AO has the possibility to compute the total
field in X, Y and Z coordinates but only to a maximum of 10 km from the
transmitter. Over such a short distance the ground constants have hardly any
effect so I don't think it would be of use to you.

73, Dick, PA0SE

Gamal wrote:

Hello all

I have some questions on
how electric and magnetic field lines are aligned,
how fieldstrength will vary with distance from source
in the following four academic cases.

Constrains which are common for all cases:

* No ionosphere present.
* earth constitutes a level plain of matter with
electric parameters as specified.
* A vertically polarized electromagnetic field emanates from
an otherwise unspecified source.
* The fieldstrength when measured on ground is 1 V/m
at a distance of 1 km from the source.

(case 1)
assume earth conductivity is infinity,
rel. permeability equals ONE,
rel. permitivity equals ONE

(case 2)
assume earth conductivity is ZERO,
rel. permeability equals ONE,
rel. permitivity equals ONE

(case 3)
assume earth conductivity is ZERO,
rel. permeability equals ONE,
rel. permitivity equals 80 (eight zero).

(case 4)
assume earth conductivity is ONE mhos/meter,
rel. permeability equals ONE,
rel. permitivity equals ONE.

best 73 de Gamal