LF: Mime-Version: 1.0

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Mime-Version: 1.0
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:06:20 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The frequency is getting away a bit from 136 but twice in the last week, around 0400-0600Z, I decoded the Cape Race, NFLD, differential GPS transmitter on 315 kHz (3802 kms). I leave the DGPS receiver running on the channel overnight and record data every 30 seconds so I don't have to stay up all night. Another DGPS station, in Iceland (Reykjanes, 292.5 kHz, 1916 kms) comes in all night from 2200-0800. These are only 10W erp stations using MSK 100 Bd. Last year, in December, I several times received and decoded successfully the US Coastguard NAVTEX station at Miami, Florida (7110 kms). It operates on 518 kHz so perhaps it doesn't count, but it's only a 50w station. Incidentally, the Decca Green stations of the Bothnian Gulf chains (roughly 1600 kms) are trackable on my Decca receiver here most of the day as well as all night. They're on 127.5 kHz or so and are about 40w erp. It would be excellent if we could be advised of when CFH will be on the air and even better if it could radiate standard DGPS data so I could use my automatic monitor!!
Walter G3JKV.
Walter Blanchard
Phone and Fax 01306 884359
Dorking, Surrey