LF: GM/DL another first?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GM/DL another first?
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 11:03:08 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello friends,

after hearing Dave, MM0ALM calling for a few hours today I finally managed
to contact him this afternoon. We exchanged 449 on both sides, however, his
signal went up and down in QRN and QSB so I lost some of his transmission.
I copied his QTH locator wrong (but got it from the internet) but was able
to copy his name and my report. He obviously could hear me better than I
could hear him.
I have checked the RSGB page for "firsts" and saw, that there had not been
any GM/DL contact on 136 kHz so far. True?

Even if not, at least Dave was my furthest contact with 952 km! The band is
still full of surprises. Also finally managed to work OZ1KMR as a new one
in my log today.
Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)