LF: reference CFH on 137kHz

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: reference CFH on 137kHz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:35:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all I have just had a bit of luck in that I asked John KD4IDY if there
were any LWCA listeners close to CFH who could provide information on its
activity. I guess this counts as a Jackpot! ......Reply copied below.
Hello Alan

I just read your post to the LWCA's page regarding monitoring of
the 137.0 kHz broadcast from CFH.
I would be happy to assist you.  I work at the Naval radio site
where the transmitter is located.  I am a maintenance technician there.
Just let me know what you need.
I will have to double check but for now I believe that 137 has
been off the air (TX in standby) for a few weeks because it is not
required by the Canadian Navy at this time.
By the way, the 73.6 kHz transmitter is also located here in
Newport Corner.  It may be useful for monitoring openings on that band.

72, Jon - VE1FTL
I have asked whether TX power and aerial height are 'in the public domain'.
The reply solves a puzzle I have had since the end of August when I last
heard (saw on the waterfall) the signal. If I can get information about its
activity I will begin to use the eclipse software to do regular nightly
monitoring of the signal strength during the winter.

73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]