LF: Re:DEs and slow cw test.

To: "RSGB LF_Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re:DEs and slow cw test.
From: "Des Kostryca" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:52:16 -0700
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan and the group,

Alan wrote:

Nevertheless your call was

readable here with some 'foresight' applied. and a >locator of IO93OJ was

copied (without cheating).

Outstanding! It also gave my little PA a good soak testing too :-)

I noticed your call started at 0520z on 137.450kHz, >and drifted up to

137.535 during the course of the transmission.

Yes, I thought it might. By the time I thought about it I was already
sending. When I had finished sending re-checked on my counter and noted the
drift. The old FT 707 has a true vfo and while adequate for aural cw it
falls flat on its face for slow cw. But at least the signal is very
distinctive :-)

Thanks Alan for taking a look and reporting the results. Unfortunately Peter
did not copy my signals on Wednesday morning. We intend to try again
tomorrow morning with a longer dot period (3 seconds) as both yourself and
Rik suggested. This time we will be well inside the qrs segment.

OK, to confirm. I shall start sending on Friday morning at 05:15 utc on a
frequency of 137.685 kHz. Be prepared for some drift though :-) I shall
pause my slow sending every 15 mins or so and listen (as RiK suggests) for
any reply. If after one minute I can detect no signals I shall continue in
slow cw.

Thanks again for the feedback Alan. Regards to all.

Des.

Des Kostryca (M0AYF)  G.Q.R.P. no. 9788
I.A.R.U.  loc.  IO93OJ  W.A.B.  SK89
Member of the N.B.T.V.A.