LF: The dual-DK8KW mystery solved

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: The dual-DK8KW mystery solved
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:34:25 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello friends,

At 19.01 10/10/99 +0100, you wrote:
From Dave G3YMC

M. Bruno writes:
<HRD: DK8KW in QSO with GB4RS, rpt M, weak but readable. HRD Geri again at
<1600z, tried to contact him, but his reply disappeared in the QRN. Sorry,
<Geri! The QSO is feasible in quiet conditions.

Interesting.  I had dinner with Geri DK8KW on Saturday evening at Windsor,
and even earlier saw him at the operating position of GB4RS.  Perhaps it
was his second op left back in Germany?

Marco already explained the mystery of me being at two places at the same
time. Although I do have a second op at my stations at very rare occations
(my XYL Andrea has operated my Slow-CW LF station under her own callsign
DL3ABC once in early spring to confuse late Peter, DJ8WL. It was a full
success, for weeks he kept asking who the guy with that homemade callsign
had be, until we told him...), in this case it was myself.

After I had a wonderful time meeting all the nice guys hiding behind those
dots and dashes on LF in Windsor, I rushed back with the early morning
plane from London to Hannover. Due to the severe wind conditions and
despite the help of Andrea, her pulling up the telescopic mast while I
climed onto our chimney to get the southern top load radial loose from my
VHF antenna, it took us nearly an hour to get the mast erected to its full
height of 18m (with all neighbors watching us, you could see them looking
through their windows shaking their heads...). Well, I finally got on the
air short before noon, my sked time with the GB4RS gang, finished a quick
Slow-CW QSO with Petr, OK1FIG and had a nice QSO with the guys back in
Windsor. Glad to hear that Petr made a QSO with you later the day, he was
so desperately calling you when I had to leave for lunch.

Marco, thanks for calling me in the late afternoon. You was 'M' here with a
lot of noise, we surely will make it in the clear later this year.

And again, thanks to everyone of you I met in Windsor, I had a great time!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)