LF: Special Event

To: "RSGB LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Special Event
From: "J.M. Valstar" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 12:39:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Following msg I read in the Marinade periodical of  the Marine Radio
Amateur Club (MARAC).
I think it's interesting enough for LF lovers.
73
Jaap Valstar/pa3guc

quote
100 YEARS OF MARITIME RADIO IN GERMANY
Special Event of the German Weather Services.

QRX
22:30 utc 12 november 1999, 10 december 1999, 14 january 2000, 11
february 2000.

QSS
147.3 kHz, mode CW, 100/120, Power 15-5-1-15 kW

DWD-LW-Transmitter Pinneberg near Hamburg

The Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) transmits - in cooperation with
MF-Runde (Marine Funker) - a special broadcast to the public with its
longwave transmitter DDH47 on frequency 147.3 kHz in morsecode. Short
messages in different languages are transmitted to remember the
inventors of wireless radio. Additional we want to find out, what are
the longwave propagation conditions during nighttime and with different
levels of emitted power. For receiption reports (RST) with name of the
pioneer mentioned in the transmission, adress tag and postage fee
(Europe 2 IRC, overseas 3 IRC) to the adress mentioned below, we send a
"Special Events Certificate".
Everyone is invited to listen to the transmission and send a report.
There is no further charge for the certificate.
Deadline is 31st March 2000.

Deutscher Wetterdienst,
Amateurfunkgruppe,
Bernhard Nocht Str. 76,