LF: Teletron LF Receiver - Info Request

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Teletron LF Receiver - Info Request
From: "Heinz Schnait" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 20:26:46 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello,

No 136kHz activity from the OE5 group this weekend. We have attended the
ham fast in Eggenfelden (Bavaria) this Saturday. I had a personal
contact with Rudi, DJ2EY, whom I had worked on 136kHz before.

Together with Peter, OE5PGL, I have bought a commercial LF Receiver. It
is made in Germany by a company called Pfitzner, the model is a Teletron
LWF 45. It was presumably used by the Deutscher Wetterdienst (German
Meterological Service). It is a heavy unit equipped with a RTTY decoder.
It uses 2 tubes (2x EF93) in the front end, the remaining circuit is
transistorized throughout. It has a mechanical defect (propably
repairable) on the band switch limiting operation to only one range of
60 -150kHz. We've been listening today to severall commercial stations
(including DCF54 at 134.2, DCF39 at 139.0, DCH47 147.3) on a G5RV. Our
first impression is that it was a good deal for 100,-DM! More detailed
testing will follow.

Unfortunatly the receiver came without any documentation. If somebody
has a manual or circuit diagrams for fotocopying please let me know. All
expenses will be paid. Also we would like to know if anybody has
experience (amateur or professional) with this receiver. Any information
on this model is welcome (company background, previous usage, technical
data).

73 Heinz, OE5EEP
<[email protected]>