LF: DX Cluster spots for week-end 25/26 September

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DX Cluster spots for week-end 25/26 September
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 02:50:00 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello friends,

first of all, Alan, thank you again for the cluster information. Our
cluster DB0FC was down during the weekend (and currently seems to have
problems to get in touch with the outside world, if it is on) so I could
neither post nor read something. However, I had a nice QSO with Petr,
OK1FIG, who was another 2 dBu stronger that last time we worked. Petr told
me that he now runs increased power so that a QSO G or GW to OK seems to be
more likely.
Also had a nice Slow-CW QSO with DF6NM, Markus near Nuernberg. More and
more stations pop up. Mike, G3XDV is getting stronger and stronger, Mike,
your signal was nearly audible on Saturday (and full 'o' on the screen).
I did not have more time to enjoy the nice conditions as I had to go to see
my daughter win a horse riding contest on Sunday morning ...

Alan G3NYK, you  wrote:

Hi All, pleased to meet some of the well known call-signs at the
Donnington
Park rally. Thanks to John G4GVC for braving the 'snuffles' to bring us
all
together. It makes me all the more determined to get down to Windsor and
for
handshake with Andre.

I currently plan a business trip to the Middle East and will return to
Europe next Friday (October 8, 1999). I have routed my flight through
Heathrow and hope to be able to make a stop-over on Saturday to go to Old
Windsor to shake hands and to see the faces behind all those famous
LF-callsigns! I see a 80 to 90% chance to make it! Look for the guy with
the "Slow-CW t-shirt"!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)