LF: No Cluster spots 18/19th Sept on GB7DXM

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: No Cluster spots 18/19th Sept on GB7DXM
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:16:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, a rather frustrating weekend on LF. I have confirmed a source of
man-made interference about 100 feet away, on the opposite side of the road,
fortunately I can move my antenna away from it. I think it is either a TV or
a games machine. As it appears at about 0740z for 2 hours it wipes a lot of
the active period. Stations heard on Saturday
Good steady QRS cq from Geri DK8KW at 0627z
G3XDV at 0723z , With G4GVC, GW4ALG, G3KEV, and G3YXM all stations that are
capable of defeating the noise. In one of the quiet spells, I heard G8RW
working G3AQC, the latter being a new call for me.

Geri mentioned that stations seemed weaker this weekend than normal. I did
notice that I did not receive CFH (?) on 137 overnight Sunday/Monday. I am
not sure whether this is because it was off for some reason or maybe
propagation was down. It normally produces a trace giving a S/N ratio of
about 15dB on FFTDSP4, so total absence is a unusual. This period is not
affected by my noise problem, though there was a lot of static. I did not
listen for it on the previous two nights, as I left the monitor running at
the top of the band for QRS stations. I think it was last heard sometime mid
last week. I really will have to record these observations!!  I have had no
response to my request to UBA for a copy of the logging program. I guess
they are not back for the winter term yet.

There were no postings to GB7DXM in the 7 days prior to 19th September.
GB7DXM seems to have crashed early on the 19th, only returning to service
about 1400z today the 20th Sept.

73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]