Re: LF: 73 kHz band, beacon test.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 kHz band, beacon test.
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:56:28 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

I must apologise for forgetting yet again to listen for Roger this morning,
despite reading his mail first thing!  However it should be noted that they
seem to have changed their maintenance schedule at Rugby and neither the 60kHz
signal nor the 73.4 Rtty one were off today.  I normally notice when my shack
clock indicates it has no signal, but that hasn't happened in recent months so
perhaps the first Tuesday practice has stopped.

Listening later on 73kHz I find the Rtty station at its normal 30dB over, and
as often these days an s9 hash level on the band.  Apart from first thing in
the morning I tend to suffer a lot from noise problems on this band, I am sure
it is worse now than it used to be.

I notice that the program for the HF Convention indicates that there will be a
demonstration station on 73 as well as 136.  Does anybody have any information
on this?

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd