LF: Weekend report September 4-5,1999 (CW and PSK31)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend report September 4-5,1999 (CW and PSK31)
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:44:05 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello YLs and OMs,

another great weekend with very low noise conditions and some new callsigns
in my logbook.

Saturday, September 4, 1999

Worked John, G4GVC (-117 dBu) and Mal, G3KEV (-100 dBu) for the first time
in normal CW. Dick, PA0SE was audible with his usual strong signal (-97
dBu). Reiner, DL3FDO kept callign cq and I could not raise his attention.
After having crossband and Slow CW QSOs with Dave, G3YXM earlier this year,
we had the first normal CW QSO (-102 dBu). Called cq several times in Slow
CW but saw no answers.

Sunday, September 5, 1999

Worked Bernd, DF8ZR in Slow CW, Bernd had a very good signal here and was
even audible (-121 dBu). Set up my simple LF SSB-station, consisting of an
old IC-751 as exciter and a Praecitronic level generator GF61 (details on
my homepage http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de) and used G3PLX's Sounblaster
program to run a PSK31 test transmission on 137.450 kHz between 09.00 and
10.00 UTC. Got a nice reception report from Walter, DJ2LF in Erlangen, 300
km away! I have set up a sked with Dave, G3YXM for later this week to try a
PSK31 QSO.

Currently experimenting with Slow-Hell and might run test transmissions
between 137.300 and 137.600 kHz during next weekend.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: I found the designator "dBu" (not to be mixed up with dB micro-Volt)
somewhere on the Internet for a voltage in reference to 0 dBu = 0.775 Volt.
This is exactly what my MV62 (the succesor of the MV61 selective level
meter) reads. For conversion see my homepage.