LF: Re: SAQ VLF transmitter using the last Alexanderson alternator in th

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>, "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: SAQ VLF transmitter using the last Alexanderson alternator in the world
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:19:37 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All

Johan Bodin wrote to me as an answer to my question when the Alexanderson
VLF alternator-transmitter SAQ at Grimeton in Sweden will be on the air the
following:

I actually know  some of the people at "Telia Mobile" who are responsible
for the station.
I always get an early warning before SAQ goes on the air so I will be able
to send an
alert message via the RSGB reflector at least a few days in advance.

Excellent Johan!
Please do keep us posted cos I'm sure not to be the only one in the LF-group
that likes to hear this sound of the past.

For my e-mail to the Grimeton museum  I used the address given by the German
"Funk" magazine: [email protected]. But the Telia Mobile
Postmaster advises me the address has been changed to:
[email protected].

The museum also has a website: http://www.telemuseum.se/Grimeton.

I downloaded from Peter Schnoor's website his audio recording of the last
transmission  from Grimeton in August 1998 (1.9 Mb!). It took almost as long
as a telephone call of my XYL to one of her friends...

Well done Peter!
But there is no substitute for a live performance so let's wait till Johan
or Grimeton gives us a signal to fire up our VLF receivers.

73, Dick, PA0SE
D.W. Rollema
V.d. Marckstraatr 5
2352 RA Leiderdorp