LF: Geri...good copy QRS at 1612Z

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Geri...good copy QRS at 1612Z
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:29:37 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Geri....good copy of your qrs transmission despite a local thunder storm!
I was using FFTDSP4 and Spectrogram simultaneously on 2 computers. FFTDSP
was chopped up by the crashes which I think may be something to do with an
AGC effect either on the card or in the program (the 'auto' palete). Despite
some large crashes from strikes within abt a couple of km, I was able to
copy your CQ and call perfectly and without guessing on Spectrogram 5.09. I
must say I am very impressed. The only thing I have not yet got to grips
with is the 'picture saving' ...the BMP file which was the best screen shot
was just too big...I guess its got to be .JPG format to mail to you. I do
not seem to be able to rescan the wav file and save a jpg from it.
Hear you again under less 'hair raising' conditions! 73
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]