Re: LF: eclipse

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: eclipse
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 11:54:54
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09:59 5/08/99 +0100, G3XDV wrote:
I shall probably arrange to ask my wife to run Spectrogram on 135.8kHz for an hour around eclipse time. I will then record morning and evening signal strengths on as many DX signals (amateur and professional) as I can hear.

If possible also take 'reference' measurements the day before and/or after
the eclips.
If the monitored signal is strong enough the special 'eclips'-program
developed by the UBA software team maybe more usefull as it can record
signals with a dynamic range of over 40dB. Similar to Spectogram it uses
the PC-soundcard.
You find more about this eclips-software (including download facilities) at
the UBA website : http://www.uba.be/

For those who monitor signals during the eclipse : you data are most
welcome for scientific purposes, a series of experiments will be conducted
by the belgian society UBA in cooperation the belgian Royal Meteorological
Institute (KMI).

You can send your data to :

John Devoldere ON4UN : [email protected]

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)