LF: GBR at 16kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GBR at 16kHz
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:25:18
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Jean-Jaqcues Delcourt, ON5PG, who is working as scienticif researcher
at the Belgian Royal Meteorologic Institute I received following request :

My dear Rik,

Have you the possibility of monitoring the GBR signals on 16 KHz ???

We have a very special pattern during the sunrise at an altitude of 80 Km between 3 et 5 UT .

We ignore if it is an interference between the sky wave and the ground wave
or an absorption only due to a specific chemical reaction .
If it is a sky wave - ground wave interference , you certainly have not the
same as us ....

Many thanks .

Jean Jacques .

Unfortunately my RX is limited to 30kHz, but I suppose that a lot of
readers of this reflector can tune down to 16kHz and might be interested to
help.

Those who have the means and want to help Jean-Jacques (by recording GBR at
sunrise) are kindly requested to send me a short mail. I will collect all
detailled information.

I know this request is a bit 'out of line', but  I think that it is good
for the image of amateurradio if we can cooperate in scientific projects.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)