Re: LF: De-tuned antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: De-tuned antenna
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:42:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
K0HTF wrote:
     I have a 1 watt beacon operating on 175 KHz. and will be putting up
a new antenna this autumn.  My efforts must be modest since our lot is a
rather conventional 50 X 150'.

This is not very modest by UK standards. My garden is 35 x 90' and I can still put up a useful antenna for 136kHz. It requires some ingenuity - I am using a loading coil at the top of the mast, for instance - but I am not the only G to put out an LF signal from a small garden. The real secret is height - if you get to 50 feet plus it will work well.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm