LF: dBm to dB, uV and S-units

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: dBm to dB, uV and S-units
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:54:23 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers,

some of us use selective level meters to measure the signal strength, some
have receivers with S-Units where S9 equals 50 uV, others are calibrated to
100 uV (and a lot of the S-meters are not calibrated at all).
To ge able to get some comparable results, I have posted a table on my
homepage that allows direct conversion between those units. It can either
be reached directly through

               http://home.t-online.de/home/dk8kw/dbm.htm

or through my main index-page

               http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de

So the -33 dB (where 0 dB equals 0.775 Volt across 75 Ohms) at that I can
receive DCF39 equals to approximately S9 + 44 dB.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)