LF: re: More Amps

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: re: More Amps
From: "Finbar O'Connor" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 01:21:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
HI John /G4GVC.
                          Many thanks for the fine LF qso on Saturday last, my first in weeks. Remember I mentioned that my RF amps were way down on normal at  2.2 amps, despite tuning for absolute max. My usual is 3.4 amps with the Mosfet rig.
Deceided today, Wednesday, to have a go at trying to  re-arrange the antenna to avoid the ever growing trees in the garden, this did entail adding about  15 metres of wire to the antenna to get it out and around the trees. I was surprised and delighted to find that my work was well worth it. Now I'm getting  3.3 amps, no problem. Your experiences regarding trees and their effect on
LF antennas gave me the spurt to adjust my antenna. I did mention that my antenna current has been gradually going down over the last few months. Perhaps in hindsight, this has been due to the  ever spreading branches, leaves  etc from the many trees on our property, some of which are less than half a metre from the antenna downlead.  My antenna wire also goes across two neighbours gardens and their trees are ever reaching higher and closer to the horizontal part of the antenna.
I heard  DF2PY twice today, quite readable despite the noise on the band.  I called him last weekend too but no response.
Very best regards
Finbar  EI0CF