LF: re G4GVC heard in HS6

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re G4GVC heard in HS6
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:59:47 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I can let you into a little secret Dave, John has been surruptitiously
beavering away there to gain the upper hand again on 136. How to you think
he cured his noise problem??....by
sucking out all the mains current for about one wavelength around his qth,
and converting this into signal in his new  2MW thyristor PA. The advantage
is that with no mains to drive the TVs John gets no TVI, though the
neighbours are a bit bemused about the clear-sky electrical storms that seem
to appear every Sunday morning. I think John got a presentation Coffee mug
from East Midlands Electric!
Thats going to get Finbar going again!!
73 de Alan G3NYK