LF: Weekend QSO HB9ASB

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend QSO HB9ASB
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 00:47:30 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers,

after my success being seen in Slow-CW by Mike, G3XDV (no QSO yet) I had
another wonderful experience by having a QSO with Toni, HB9ASB. Remember,
still my antenna is a mess and my estimated ERP range arround 35 mWatt or
less, so I thank Toni for his patience. It took us acouple of overs to get
my call through and I had to QRS from 3 seconds to 5 seconds dot length.
The QSO took place just at the end of my noise-free window, arround 08.00
UTC. Again, this should encourage everyone who has not the ability to set
up a big antenna to try Slow-CW. The antenna I am using currently can be
set up in nearly every average garden. BTW, for those, who would like to
know more about Slow-CW, there are some good articles for example by G0MRF
and G3XDV on the internet, also I have posted a Slow-CW page that is
accessible through my homepage (http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de).
Wolf, I tried a couple of times to call you in normal CW before you made
your RX improvements. I will try again next weekend.

I got my 18m fibre glas telescopic mast and will set it up in the next
couple of weeks. This should help me to get from the "weekest signal" that
Mike, G3XDV ever successfully copied a little bit higher up to make live a
little bit easier.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

BTW: I realized that obviously the packet clusters currently do not
distribute all the postings. I have entered a couple of stations I heard
(or saw) into DB0FC (137.7 kHz) and in DB0EAM (1800.0 kHz), but none of
them appeared in the internet cluster or in the U.K. cluster.