Re: LF: Noise from phone lines

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Noise from phone lines
From: "Simon Lloyd-Hughes" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:30:56 +0100
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Did you mention this to the EMC Commmittee?  Although we are aware of many
technologies that can cause problems if we do not know of specific ones we
can not help.  In many cases the developers of these technology are unaware
of potential problems.  These problems are brought to their attention and
action taken where possible.

You may have read in some of the Computer magazines people having problems
with second telephone lines for internet use.  They have discovered in many
cases an an 'electronic splitter block' (I think its called a DEX unit) is
being used instead of another telephone line.  Because they are not being
told that these units are in use and the data rate is much less than
advertised users are requesting them to be removed and a seperate line
installed.

This has only happenned because users have complained both to the companies
and to the computer magazines.