LF: RX loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RX loops
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:21:20 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
After i nearly completed my tx-antenna,it looks like i have to shoot for a good rx antenna.Dave- G3YXM heard me last weekend and i could not hear him ! He sure has a bigger signal than i do and that asks for direct action on my side.Something must have changed not to my favour as i worked Dave before. My location is about 45 miles NW of the DLF transmitter with about half a Megawatt pwr on 153 kc.And there are 2 Transmitters about 30 miles east with 50KW on around 128 kc and there is another 150kW station about 150 km to the NE from here on 138.8 kc.All of this gives me a hell of a noise and even the crystal filter in front of the rx is driven into IM problems.At one of my next mails i will include a graphic of the RF-spectrum on my end on LF.
I guess i need something directional like a loop- resonant or not.
question is now has anyone gathered experience with that ?
Single turn loop or multiturn loop ?
What surface ? etc. etc. If anyone can help with that it would be greatly appreciated !!!Maybe putting that rx-ant-info on the reflector here is beneficial to all of us. hope to see(hear) u soon Lowfers ! 73 de wolf