LF: Weekend Report 12/12 June

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend Report 12/12 June
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:25:28 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Mike (and others)

what a surprise! A second time I jumped up and down.

Saw on Spectrogram screen QRSs from HB9ASB who was audible at S1; and DK8KW (only 'M' on an extremely quiet band - actually the weakest station I have ever successfully received - but another new one). Called DK8KW but no reply.

You should see my antenna in the moment. Everything that can be done wrong (following the theory) was done wrong: not heigh enough, not
sufficient ground, one top-wire is broken at the moment, between the
60 degrees, most of the antenna is in the trees with leaves, and so on.
I haven't done much to improve it lately since I am waiting for the
fibre-glas mast to be delieverd. My estimated ERP is around 35 mW, maybe less
in the moment. This should encorage everyone even with a small antenna
to try Slow-CW! The distance between Mike's QTH and mine (JO52BH) is 707 km! Sorry, Mike, that I could't copy you, I have trouble with local
noise from time to time here. But thank you very much for taking the
time and try to copy such a weak signal!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

BTW: I have updates my page (http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de) with
a page on Slow-CW, especially for newcomers. I downloaded Spectrogram
5.0 and find the improvements excellent!