Re: LF: more re 137.0 RTTY (12/13 June)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: more re 137.0 RTTY (12/13 June)
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:12:23 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have just received from a Radio Amateur in San Diego (on the West
Coast) the following message:

Quote: There is a station on 137 Khz located in Dixon, Calif. The call
sign is
NPG it is operated by the Navy and transmits 100 wpm 50 hz shift
encrypted RTTY. The Station runs about 50KW into a 800 foot monopole.
Unquote.

Andre' N4ICK

Alan Melia wrote:

The FFTDSP4 log for the early morning of 13June shows the same
profile as I reported earlier, for reception of the RTTY signal on
137.0 kHz. The signal first appears at about 0030Z , is at good
strength between 0100 and 0330Z and has disappeared by 0400Z. Peak
strength seems to be at 0300Z73 de Alan G3NYK