Re: LF: The 137MHz RTTY station

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: The 137MHz RTTY station
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:49:47 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan Melia wrote:

[...] In conclusion this observation would suggest that the best
time for Transatlantic QSOs would be about half an hour before dawn
( I dont know whether that is the visible dawn or a sort of 'radio'
dawn) It looks like we will need some insomniacs to work the
States.I understand the AMRAD beacon is operating now.....is it on
136.75?? as was projected. [...] Cheers de Alan
[email protected]

Alan,
Yes indeed WA2XTF, the AMRAD beacon is now "on" (well, actually it is
"off" this week-end for antenna maintenance, but it should be back on
the air circa 16 June).
At this point, we transmit a continuously repeating message at 5 wpm
in CW, although later this year we will try BPSK.
As regards insomniacs on this side of the Atlantic, AMRAD is replete
with them.  But I think that we still need to refine our technology on
this side before we can attempt such a feat.
73
Andre' N4ICK