Re: LF: Disappearing 'dits'

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Disappearing 'dits'
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 07:50:15 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
According to information about commercial transmitters on the VLF range there is a substantial time-need for the current to rise in the aerial ! My monitoring of my outgoing signal does not give any indication for that so far,but i must admit,that i did not look for it so far!
Whether that already happens at our frequency in the Lf band is not known to me.
But from my 160 experience i can tell that real solid dots get thru better,in fact much better,as qrn can easily swallow short signals like dots and til your ear gets back to normal sensitivity it may just miss a dot completely,and that goes not for strong crashes only ! There are a few Land to submarine radio stns in the US in the 10Kc range and they have very slow "baud-rate" due to the problem that Alan was refering to.
73 de df2py