Subject: LF: Weekend conditions

To: "'Rsgb_Lf_Group \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Subject: LF: Weekend conditions
From: "Cleall Peter" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:45:09 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From: Dave [[email protected]]
Sent: 06 June 1999 21:48
To: LF Group

Dear all.

My local noise was off on Saturday and Sunday mornings so I was listening
quite a lot on 136 and it seemed that conditions were bad. DF2PY was way
down on his normal signal...  were you running the normal system Wolf?...
and HB9ASB was only workable in QRSS. On a good day I can hear Toni Q5 at
normal speed. Closer stations were at normal strength.
Has anyone any idea why this may be? Are there some particular atmospheric
conditions at the moment?  Apart from constant rain and lightning of
course!

73, Dave G3YXM.

I have only just recently started looking at  detailed solar solar data and
so am no expert. In fact what I have to say may be completely irrelevant and
may be totally wrong. No boubt someone will put me right.

The only differences I can see during this period is a higher than normal
level of proton flux arising from a Proton Event starting at 0245 UTC  on
2nd june which kept the figure high for two days. As the level was steadily
decaying towards normal there was a second Proton Event about 0930 UTC on  4
june  which again raised the levels. After steady decay normal levels were
reached again this morning.

peter G8AFN