LF: RE: Re: LF Waterfall programmes

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: LF Waterfall programmes
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 07:48:41 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
I am even older dinosaurus. I was running still DOS 5.0 and Win 3.11 on 80486/60MHz/12MB
and the only one thing that recently made me convert to Win 95 was the Spectrogram for
Windows 95 you mentioned. The version running in Win 3.11 is not convenient for our
purposes I think. Version for Win 95 is modified this way and is worth of changing O/S I
believe. It runs reliably even with cheapest sound card I got (ESS1869/ISA). I chose
Windows 95, which is NOT "OSR2". This results in two things. Files occupy much
less space on HD and it doesn't have 32 bit FAT table so that disks are visible when
machine is started from diskette with DOS 5.0. As a network administrator and programmer
I always respect KISS method. It means Keep It Simple and Stupid. Otherwise one would get
mad from things...

Petr, OK1FIG