LF: cndx on lw last weekend

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: cndx on lw last weekend
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:21:22 +0200
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
Last weekend was kind of poor on LW ! Worked locals like DF8ZR and DJ1RL and only Dx was PA0LQ on sunday.QRN was low- but as we all know the mainland had enough T&L ,so i guess the lacking QRN was due to higher absorbtion on the band.
Still try to CQ once in a while - but sometimes i get the " Robinson Crusoe-
Syndrom " ,feel like on a lonely island (hi).Did not hear a beep fom Nico-last time i worked him with a huge 599 sig from his location-wonder what happened ? Hopefully more friends get more wires,transistors and tubes tied together in the near future and raise operating voltages to break the monotony of the white hush on longwave.
Did not get to put more top-load on my vertikal-think the weekend might do it.
BTW a medium-wave variometer is very good in series with a fixed inductivity for matching-normally they are made from HF-litz-wire which reduces the current losses nicely,especially at the feed point.

73 and many DX on lw !  de wolf -df2py-