Re: LF: Waterfall Programs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Waterfall Programs
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 20:28:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09.37 05/06/99 -0400, you wrote:
The subject of this query is waterfall programs and sound cards.

a) is there any sound card that is better than the others? (Such as
"Sound Blaster"?) I am told that some waterfall programs will not play
on some laptops. ("Hamview", for instance, does not use standard Win95
calls)

I am in contact with I2PHD and IK2CZL who developed Hamview. They are
modifying the program to run under Win95 and use standard calls, mainly because the new PCS S/B cards are not documented in terms of direct calls.

Except for this, different sound cards seem to perform similarly under
Spectrogram.

I have experience with two different SB16, one older and one newer,
and a compatible one, unknown brand. All work fine. I'm currently
using a 266 MHz Celeron for this application.

73 - Marco IK1ODO