LF: Heavy QRN in Germany

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Heavy QRN in Germany
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:36:43 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
We experienced the heaviest qrn in a long time at this latitude.
Hot and dry weather gave us plenty of static discharge and far away lightning
added to the noise level.Only had a qso with DF8ZR a 40 mi away.
We had a little get-together of stations in the Rhein Main area at a local swap-meet.Nice to see the guys on the other end.There were DJ8CY,DF8ZR,DJ1RL,
DF2PY and Gamal ( going to be lic soon).
So lets hope for decreasing qrn and then we might get some of those new contries
like OE or OK worked on 137 kcs.
In the meantime lets upgrade our stations, as i know there are a few ones in their starting phase with small everything and they still have the fun of advancing their capabilities.So lets get ready for some nice qsos on longwave. 73 es gud dx de df2py