LF: Weekend 29/5/99

To: "'137 kHz'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend 29/5/99
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:51:27 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LowFers

In spite of heavy QRM this weekend, I heard:
IK5ZPV, HB9ASB, I5MXX, DF2PY, DJ1ZB (rather poor), LX1PD (extremely strong,
made G3XTZ).

Antenna made a little longer, now it was inv-L 103 meters long, RX IC-751A. In advance for TX purposes I made 5-pole low-pass filter (160 kHz) which I tried to switch on and off when listening to poor signals. There was absolutely no difference.
Now preparing for TX, estimated power for first trials I consider about 100W which my
"miniature" loading coil could survive. I suppose to transmit both CW and
Slow-CW.
Thanks all for discussion on inv-L and T antennas and capacity hats.

73 Petr, OK1FIG