LF: First report

To: "'137 kHz'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: First report
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 07:31:48 +-200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello guys.

For the first time, since I got interested in LF, I spent weekend in my second QTH,
weekend cottage in JO80CD. As int I used vertical abt 15mtrs with capacitancy hat.
Actually, it was 1/3 lambda GPA for 28 MHz hung on nylon rope between trees, coax
shielding and middle wire joined together on RX side (BTW is it correct in English to say
"hatted" vertical?). On saturday evening at 1917 UTC, on 136.7 kHz,  I heard
pretty well I5MXX with RST 539. Not too strong but quite stable and readable. He sent CQ
in normal CW for several tens of minutes. It is for the first time that I heard HAM
station on the band for me.

Result:
My IC-751A seems not suffer from cross-modulation since insertion of 20 dB
attenuator did not help to clear the band. But it urgently needs some
preamlification because I had to have both RF and AF gain turned fully
clock-wise.

73 Petr, OK1FIG