LF: propagation 27 april

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: propagation 27 april
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:13:35
Sender: <[email protected]>
Last night (27 april) arround 21UT I could hear OZ1KMR calling CQ with an
incredible strong 589 signal. For comparision : this is about the same
strength as PA0SE and PA0LQ who both are less than 150km away while OZ1KMR
is over 500km.
Compared to other signals in the 500km range he was about 10dB stronger
than G3KEV usually is, over 20dB stronger than HB9ASB and over 25dB
stronger than GW4ALG.
I have recorded a 20 sec. WAV-file (220kB) of his transmission and can send
a copy to those who are interested.
It was a bit dissapointing hat despite this signalstrength he did not hear
my replies  :(

Little later I heard I5MXX calling CQ with 559 but he was only listening on
80m (and unfortunately I don't can put up my 80m dipole and the LF-anteena
at the same time).

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)