LF: CFA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CFA
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:06:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
For those who were wondering about how the CFA works, the following
appeared in GM3HAT's ad for CFA's in "Radcom" this month (May 1999)
Quote:
" A conventional antenna in resonance surrounds itself with a fierce
Induction Field out as far as one sixth of a lamda (his spelling), where
90% of the energy is held quarter cycle by quarter cycle in the Near Field.
Only 10% manages to escape as the Radiation Field. In a Crossed Field
Antenna ALL the energy flies away as the Radiation Field and so the
aerials' surroundings are subjected to far less unnecessary disturbance.
The new technique we use is called Poynting Vector Synthesis and we hold
the original patents in the major industrial countries, and are applying
for further claims"
Unquote.
So now we know how to multiply ERP ten times for the same input.  We had
better get onto it straight away!

Walter G3JKV.