Re: LF: Signals Measured (reply to ON7YD)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Signals Measured (reply to ON7YD)
From: "Peter W. Schnoor" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:29:45 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Gang,
Hello 'Geri',

'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW wrote:

[...] Using the 25 kW ERP as a basis, Peter's signal is in the vicinity of 25 mW
ERP. I don't know Peters real ERP but I thought it was more. I assumed
already 35 mW for my signal which is definetely weaker than Peter's wignal.

I will continue to record relative voltage levels and see what I come up
with.

I was running approx. 1.2 A(rms) to my "Birch Tree Antenna",
gain -28 dBi calculated with ELNEC by adding approx. 80 Ohms
of feed point resistance.

Since the path from here to UK is running mainly (approx.
90%) over salt water and to your site over (flat) soil only
we could "measure" the differences between both path
conditions taking the distances into account. I know that
this was done a long time ago but it's a chance of
confirming those measurements if we could find a station
near the east cost of UK equipped with adequate accessories.

54°16'N / 10°04'E, JO54ag
73 es gl de Peter, DF3LP