Re: LF: SLOW-CW pile-ups

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SLOW-CW pile-ups
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 04:24:02 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 07/04/99 15:08:59 GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

<< when DA0LF was testing last weekend I encountered a problem which was
rather new to me: pile-ups in SLOW-CW!
I know how to handle this in regular CW - but even though I was able to
hear 4 stations at the same time there were two more calling exactly on top
of each other (within <0.5 Hz). Is there anyone who could tell me from his
own experience what to do in SCW if this happens again next weekend? I have
a certain idea, please carry on reading.

Spread out the pile up??..........+ / - 10 Hz should accomodate everybody. I guess calling a popular station a few Hertz off their frequency has its advantages. If people see you working a station who's not exactly on your frequency, I'm sure the idea will catch on.

Or. If you can identify two stations, you could give two reports in one over ....Hey, when's the first contest! (Hi)

Good luck.  CU on slow CW.

David   G0MRF

BTW. I see that DBF39 is off-air this morning. First time I've noticed that.