LF: SlowCW and Dwell periods

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SlowCW and Dwell periods
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 05:52:06 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy, G4JNT gives some good insight into what the FFT techniqe is really
doing. I am not sure, but maybe who is able to program might try to get
hold of the Gram-sourcecode and modify it to our needs.
I have another point on my wishlist for the Gram-Software (or a similar
one):

Take advangate of both channels, feed the signal from the big antenna into
one channel, feed the signal from a second receiver with, for example an
indoor antenna connected to it, to the second channel, add them with
inverted phase and get rid of all that man-made noise that is generated in
the vicinity of the receiving antenna. I know, that this idea is not new,
it had been realizized on the RF side but I don't know of a software that
performs this job in the audio-frequency range (besides programs such as
"Cool Edit" that allow noise reduction post processing jobs doing the same,
howver, not online).

A challange for those excellent programmers out there?

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)