Re: LF: Updated Slow CW programme

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Updated Slow CW programme
From: "Rod Mayward" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:08:26 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi
Where can I download a copy of your program?
Thanks
Rod
KL7RG/8

[email protected] wrote:

As requested by Peter G3LDO, I have now added a facility to CWSLOW (was
SLOWCW) to increase the inter character gap lengths slightly to improve
readability when using Gram software etc.

One additional benefit of looking at this software again:
Just been running it under Windows NT and to my amazement it not only works
properly but operates fully while minimised in the task bar.   All the info
I had been given about NT suggested that progs such as this that operate
directly on the PC hardware would not work at all !!

For anyone who wants to press an ancient 8086 macine into service - and I
know of at least two using an Amstrad 640 etc - the CWSLOW code is compiled
to the simplest (8 bit ??) form suitable for these machines.  Performance on
'286 and higher processors is not compromised - or certainly not in a way
that can be seen.

Andy  G4JNT