LF: Re: First EI-PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: First EI-PA
From: "finbar o'connor" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:38:32 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings Dick,  great to work you today, for the first time. Your signal
was very good ,  later on the band became noisy , not before  I had the
pleasure of also working your fellow Dutchman PA0LQ, the qsb on his signal
very very noticable, and I only managed to assemble his callsign from his
many repeats he sent me, he would fade up and I would get a bit , but we got
there, great fun.
my address  is
Finbar O'CONNOR.
Malin Head Radio Station,
Malin Head,
County Donegal
Republic of Ireland.

I was running a pair of  IRFP450 mosfets  to  a large  Tee  antenna up at
50 metres, the receiver was a borrowed  EDDYSTONE 6200 general coverage one
with a 300 hz filter, I had occasional problems from  our commercial
transmitters breaking through onto the receiver ( they are fed into the 50
metre
towers, which are insulated from ground and are base tuned for the maritime
band  ie.   1644 khz , 1677 khz  2182 khz  2593 khz etc ). The commercial
rigs run  1 kw.  ssb ( usb).
At  1700  utc  I  replaced the borrowed  receiver in its  rack, packed my
LF
station back in its  cardboard  banana box ( very handy for carrying things
around), filled in the LF logbook  and  headed for home.....
Stations worked  today.....
1336  to 1344    PA0SE        RST  529    ME   559
1430  to  1443   PA0LQ        RST  219    ME    ?
1554  to  1614   G4GVC       RST  569     ME  599
1600  to  1626   G3KEV        RST  579     ME  599

Thats  it  ,  thanks again
73's   Finbar  EI0CF