LF: Re: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 08:10:41 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In the early days of 73kHz Toni, HB9ASB, reported hearing faint CW on the 73kHz band but no signal was positively identified. I had many skeds with Toni to try and get a signal to HB9 on 73kHz but nothing ever came of it. On Monday night (8th March), at 2100UT we tried again, this time with the aid of Spectrogram and Toni e-mailed back an 'O' report. Last night (9th March) this was converted into a 2-way LF cross-band QSO with Toni on 137.68 and myself on 73.23kHz. The QSO went well in spite of my 136 receiver loop not being very efficient. To complicate matters a signal came up on Toni's frequency with '569 ASBK', which I interpreted as my 73kHz signals were being heard by Toni. This prompted me to try fast CW, which ended in nothing. Fortunately we had already exchanged 'O' reports in SCW. As I write I am just finishing a successful two-way SCW 136kHz QSO with IK5ZPF, 'O' both ways.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>