Re: LF: PSK31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PSK31
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:15:40 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik and everyone,

At 21 UT I was QRV on 137.650kHz but also heard (saw) nothing. At 21.10 I
left the shack and when I returned at 21.30 I had some PSK signals from
Dave on the screen. Most was 'rubish' but I got the call OK and from what I
could read Dave was trying to caontact someone (QRZ .... weak signal ...).
I wonder if Dave can 'reconstruct' the time and power level he was using ?

I started exacly at 2100 with 300W then reduced power in approx 3db steps at
about 3 minute intervals, by 2110 I would have been QRP.
At 2115 I stopped the test and was called by G4JNT on PSK31. Andy's signal
was very weak and the static was bad but I got a report and his callsign
after a few tries! So when you copied that little snatch I was using about
300W pep. If anyone would like to try another listen I will transmit
again.....

73, Dave G3YXM