LF: 1st GERMAN LF heard.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 1st GERMAN LF heard.
From: "finbar o'connor" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:46:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Due to my continuing qrn problems at the home qth, I took the opportunity to listen on the big  500 khz  transmit  antenna at work ( no longer in use except as a reserve receive antenna), today.  Heard   DF 2 PY  at very good strength, sending quite fast cw. The Hagenuk receiver at work (MALIN HEAD RADIO),
does not use an  S meter, the signal sounded like a  5 3 9,
very good, full copy, despite the relative high speed, which is faster than most station use with normal morse , on the band.
I would have had no problems, having a full qso with Wolf, pity I did not have a  tx , to go back to him.
I'm still working on overcoming the qrn problem, now using a
phasing unit, which I knocked up recently, also building a qrn
canceller by  Derek , G3GRO, thanks again to Derek for lthe
circuit diagram and info received this week, It all help.
regards to all the LF group
FINBAR    EI0CF