LF: QSO without Antenna ... (Part 2 - 1st trial)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QSO without Antenna ... (Part 2 - 1st trial)
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:12:20 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
(I don't know why, but something/someone keeps cutting my messages into
pieces ... so here is the second part ...)

nevertheless, I had a nice slow-CW QSO today with Peter, DF3LP, who gave me
"O" instead of "M" as last time. Additionally I had my first normal-CW QSO
with DF0WD (op: Wolf, DL4YHF), about 115 km away (549/339)! Conditions on
LF obviously depend on believe ... finally got my G0MRF-PA ready without
killing any mot FETs. Got a lot of hints and tips from various sources, tnx
very much. Most important was to get the bias-voltage regulator RF-free and
to use a pi-filter (12nF - 57 uH - 27 nF - 57 uH - 12 nF) to get rid of any
reflected voltage peaks from the antenna loading coil. Now I can make full
use of the German power limit ...

Looking forward to an exciting Sunday. Will be listening (watching) 137.700
kHz and calling cq from time to time (4 seconds).

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: Next step is to get full antenna back into the air, put it higher up
(10-12m), get better grounding, and improve my ferrite RX-antenna to
participate in the 73 kHz tests by G0AKN ...